AgField Services has an exciting opportunity for an Orchard Operations Supervisor to join their team. Based on the doorstep of Darlington Point NSW, you will work alongside a second supervisor to supervise a team of approximately 10 operators across AgField’s managed and contracted sites. You will be responsible for ensuring that operations are carried out as required and AgField Services can meet its contracted obligations in an efficient, cost effective and safe manner. Orchard operations include, but are not limited to, foliar and weed spraying, harvesting operations, orchard and farm detailing and maintenance.
Your day-to-day responsibilities will include
- Liaising in a professional manner with our clients to ensure all aspects of their operations and orchard requirements are met as required
- Daily supervision of, and provision of support to, a team of approximately 10 people, ensuring work is carried out as required and in a safe and efficient manner
- Monitoring and assisting daily operations for quality to maintain contract adherence, operational efficiency and contract viability
- Ensuring daily maintenance checks and upkeep on machinery is carried out
- Troubleshooting equipment errors to reduce operational downtime
- Undertake chemical stocktakes and perform accurate record keeping duties
- Performing operations as required
- Ensuring the team’s adherence of workplace procedures and policies to ensure a safe working environment
- Logical common sense approach;
- Self-initiative & drive;
- Problem solving capabilities; and
- Strong interpersonal abilities and communication skills
- 3+ years experience in horticultural / agricultural role
- Experience with horticultural spray and harvest equipment highly regarded
- Chemcert qualification
- Driver’s licence
- Ability to be flexible with hours of work including overtime and weekend work
This is a full time position and for your hard work and dedication, you will be rewarded with a competitive remuneration package of $70k pa plus super, motor vehicle and overtime.
AgField is an equal opportunity employer and prides itself on a diverse and growing workforce.
All AgField workplaces are drug and alcohol free. There is zero tolerance to drugs and alcohol at work.
Applications for this role close COB Monday 15th August 2022 or sooner should the right applicant apply beforehand.